Friday, July 10, 2015

Peru trip part 4-Driving to Trujillo

 We rented a car and drove from Lima to Trujillo. It wasn't too bad except getting out of Lima was crazy because they drive like crazy and I thought we were for sure going to get in a crash, but Brent is a great driver. Also, the highway was great but in some parts there was construction and they don't warn you very good over, it can be scary, there were so many slow trucks one after another and passing on the construction zone is pretty dangerous, but again Brent is a pretty darn good driver.

 It is a desert and there is a lot of poverty.




 I thought it was pretty cool that one of the political candidates was a Sotomayor haha. I just joked and said they were my welcome signs! :) (my mom's maiden name is Sotomayor)




 A ruin on the way to Trujillo. They have the coolest ruins in Peru.




Desert












 I thought the sand was so cool.











I thought they had these interesting taxi cabs everywhere






On the way I saw this building and of course I had to take a pictures.



 More ruins



























 The town of Chimbote

 New LDS church

No comments: