Even though Brent is on his way to Utah right now and it is hard when he is gone, I am thankful that the cub scouts were cancelled tonight. You see, dinner time is very difficult around here, Conner is extremely difficult and not just that, I can't eat salt so I have my own diet. Parker doesn't eat what I or Conner eat so he has his own food and Conner doesn't eat what any of us eat so he has his own diet!!! Brent is fine and he will eat most of what I eat and he doesn't miss the salt too much. Because everyone has his/her dinner, dinner time is hard. When Brent is gone I have a difficult time. For us having to go somewhere around dinner time is hard. So today I am so thankful that cub scouts was cancelled!!!!! It is one less thing for me to worry about!!
I am also thankful that Parker can drive himself to church for his Young Men activity, it gives me the time that I need to deal with Conner's. So today I am also thankful for a teenager that can drive himself.
I am thankful that Conner did great with his dinner tonight!!! He fed himself most of it which is a big accomplishment. I still had to stand next to him to make sure he was eating but that is fine. He has an issue with picking certain foods with his hands, but he is getting better. Tonight when his banana broke off from the peel he actually held it and ate it, now that is another great accomplishment. He will only eat his banana with peanut butter which is super healthy. He has issues with his fine motor skills, like spreading peanut butter with a knife is hard but he did it by himself tonight, another accomplishment!!!!
I know these are little things but to me they are blessings!!!!!!
I hope things continue like this while Brent is in Utah. I don't want to be a mess by the time he comes home!!
1 comment:
Hang in there! I hope the time goes fast for you!
Post a Comment