Friday, September 27, 2013

Busy day and blessings!

I have decided that I will look at my days and think of the things that happen during the day as blessings, because that is really what they are.  I think that for me, doing this will help me see things in a different way and it will make me be happier, I am already happy there is nothing wrong but I want to be happier!

Today we had a busy morning but a pretty relaxed afternoon. We had parent teacher conference at Conner's school and because of that he did not have school.  I met with his teacher while Conner sat on a chair outside his classroom door reading Harry Potter.  His teacher Mrs. Nagel is really nice and patient with Conner. She said he is doing great academically and that he is super eager to learn.  She said that his classmates deal with his quirkiness pretty good too.  He is quirky and he has certain ways that he likes to do things, but that is fine, that is the way he is and we don't need to change him, we just need to give him the tools and rules to be able to deal with changes and to help him navigate through life, in this way he won't get frustrated and depressed that he might do things different than other people.  Right now, he has not realized that he does things differently but someday not to far from now he will notice and we don't want him to become upset, feel bad, depressed and want to be alone because that might be easier.  I am glad that his teacher is on the same page as us and willing to help while he is at school. She is awesome! She is a blessing in our lives!

Conner and Mrs Nagel

Conner has been asking for this school t-shirt with a painted tie on it.  He wears a uniform everyday and Fridays are dress down days but they have to wear the school uniform pants and a school t-shirt, so today we went to the school store and got it for him.  He was excited. Seeing him happy makes me happy!


Tomorrow is the General Relief Society broadcast and we are having a desert social prior to it. I had to go to Sams and buy the fruit and water and some other needed items. The cart was very heavy, I had 5 packs of 32 water bottles each!! Conner was such a great helper! I loved having him going everywhere with me today. I have gotten used to doing everything alone but it is fun to have him tag along with me when I am running errands. Someday there won't be a child to go with me so I am going to enjoy it for as long as I can!

Trying on his new shirt.

2 comments:

Evaly said...

I like your attitude of counting your blessings!

Becky Shuler said...

Way to count your blessing and feel happier! I love that Conner has such a good teacher! That's wonderful!