Monday, September 30, 2013

Relief Society General Meeting desert social


We had a desert social prior to the General Relief Society we had a desert social.  On Friday we met at the Stake Center around 6:00 pm to set up and get as much of the decorations done as possible. We were there until about 10:00 pm. I was blessed because the Tillotson family watched Conner for me so that I could go set up.  Brent was out of town and Parker was at Universal Studios Halloween Horror nights with our neighbors. We really did not have a lot of help, only one of the husbands was able to come help and so when I saw the Portuguese missionaries show up to help because their investigator did not show up, I felt this was a huge blessing. On Saturday we met again around 3:00 pm to finish setting up everything and I did not get home until about 10:30 pm, I was exhausted!! Our theme was Good Works.  Each of the units (we have 9 Wards and 1 branch) have given service through out the year and we wanted to showcase that.  We had a display of the service that was provided by each Relief Society.




Sister Jacobs from the Spanish Ward helped us with the decorations. Everything was beautiful!




We order all the wonderful desert from a local company.

Our Good Works cookies made by a sister in our Stake.
























No comments: