Thursday, September 26, 2013
Today's blessing
I am sitting here just crying. I don't know why I never thought of this before. There is so much that can be done now about family history thanks to the internet. I had a thought yesterday that I should look up a family history center in Malaga, Spain. I looked it up an there was one!! It was late in the day so the center was closed. I called today and spoke with a very nice gentleman from Venezuela who was very happy to help me find my ancestors. I have the De Sotomayor line all the way to 1780 the death of Francisco De Sotomayor, who was born and died in Malaga, Spain. He is my fourth great-grandfather. My line ends there and I have often wondered about these ancestors. I have known about these ancestors since my mom got this information from a distant cousin when I was 15 or so. So for a long time my mom was stuck. Well today when I was speaking to William, he told me that some of the records from Malaga at that time had been burned. He said that if that was the case that he would look for another way. I was sad but hopeful that he could help me in some way. Right after I hung up the phone, I received an email from him that he had found an archive from 1750 and that he needed my authorization to look in them because he was not a family member or a descendant of the de Sotomayor family. I sent an email back with authorization and now I just pray that he will have success in finding my family. He told me to call back on Tuesday. I have faith that he will be able to help me! I am crying tears of joy. I feel that I am being helped from up above and that my ancestors are waiting for me to help them. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints brings families together forever not just the ones that are here on the earth but also those who have passed away. When you do family history or the work for those who have passed away you feel connected to them, like you know them even though they lived long before you. They are my family and I love them and doing the work brings you so close to them, you are excited to someday meet them in the next life. It is so hard to explain. Families are forever! I love my family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment