My brother gave me these pictures of my mom. He also gave me a book with family history, it has dates and names of some of my ancestors and he also gave me a journal that she wanted to write on but apparently never had the time. She did though write a small paragraph with her testimony. Although I wish she had written in her diary I know she was a very busy mom. She worked full time as a secretary for over 30 plus years, from the time she was 18 and with this money she bought her parents a house because they were so poor and could not afford a house. My mom grew up in government housing. She gave her parents a lovely home to live in and provided them also with food and other necessities. My mom was the executive secretary for the director of the Damas Hospital and she was also the secretary for the Board of Directors at the hospital, you might say she was the most important secretary in that hospital. I remember always being proud of my hardworking mom.
 |
| High School Graduation picture May 1952 |
 |
| This was June 1952 |
 |
| There was not date on this picture all it said was "working as a secretary at Damas Hospital" |
 |
Wedding day, December 18, 1961 with my grandma Eugenia Ramirez Sotomayor, (I was named after her, Maria Eugenia) I am thankful to have her testimony, even if it is just a small paragraph.
Spanish |
Tiene el proposito este journal dejar una constancia de los hechos mas relevantes de mi vida que puedan servir de ejemplo a mi posteridad con el fin de animarlos y fortalecerlos en su paso por este mundo e instarles que siempre busquen a Dios por medio de Cristo y se mantengan firmes en el evangelio verdadero para que puedan heredar un lugar en el reino Celestial.
English
The purpose of this diary is to leave a record of the most relevant facts of my life that can serve as an example to my posterity in order to encourage and strengthen them in their passage through this world and encourage them to always seek God through Jesus Christ and remain steadfast in the true gospel so they can inherit a place in the Celestial kingdom.
2 comments:
Love the pictures and her words are beautiful. I miss her so much!!
This is such a treasure!! She is beautiful and I think you look a lot like her! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment