Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Feeling blessed
On Monday Brent and I went to Conner's school's open house. The open house was only for the parents so Conner stayed home with Parker. The open house was from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM and it was divided into three half hour sessions so those parents that had more than one child could attend all the classes. We decided to go to the later session, from 7:00-7:30 to give us time to feed Conner because it always takes forever. When we got there we were the only parents so instead of going over the fourth grade handbook and classroom rules and other stuff she had planned, Mrs. Nagle decided to talk to us about Conner. I am so glad she did!! She is amazing!!! She said she is happy to have Conner in her class, that he is so smart and sweet and she has no problems with him. She has had almost two weeks to get to know him and she knows that he has different ways that he likes to do things and it is fine with her. The kids in the class know Conner from last year so they are also used to the way he is, and they are very good with him and if he acts a little different it is OK with everyone, they just know that is how he is. Everyday I ask Conner how school went and he always answers with amazing, perfect, awesome, great etc. etc. He told me the other day that he wants to stay in this school until he graduates from high school. I was not planning on moving him to another school, so that is not a problem. One of the things he doesn't handle very well is changes so moving him to another school would not be good. It was hard when I changed him to this school, at first he thought it was only for a year and then he would go back to his old school, so I am glad he loves this school. I am feeling so blessed that Conner has a wonderful teacher who understands him and cares for him and wants him to succeed in school!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's so great! I'm glad it's been a great experience at that school and I'm glad that Conner's loving it!
Yay! Having a good teacher is HUGE. Hope things keep going well!
Having a loving and supportive teacher makes all the difference! That's wonderful that Conner loves his teacher and likes his school. Hope he has a wonderful year!
Post a Comment