In uncle Steve's site I was reading grandma Isabelle Hanson's journal and saw this entry about a time when Brent and I went to visit on January 4, 1992. I remember visiting them in their home in Merced. I thought it was so cute how she called the girls "the 3 little angels, Ashley, Brittany and Alison." Alison was 8 months old at the time, Brittany was almost 3 and Ashley had just turned 6. As I read it, I pictured that day in my mind. I love that she was really good at writing in her journal. I copied and pasted exactly as it was on the site, so there are some typing errors.
Sat. Jan. 4th Almost noon and Lynn just getting ready for a rub after heat. Sun playing
peek a boo but in 50s..Rain maybe will come tonight I didn't do a great deal. Tried to straight
here and ther and write a few notes..one to Rolf and other missionaries need doing. I need to get
back on the track.
Was relaxing in here typing when I heard the bell..thought maybe Ray. Surprise it was
BRent, Maria and the 3 little angels, Ashley, Brittany and Alison.
They had been to Oakland for marriage of Beth Lindseys son..BRent's missionary
friend..and spent night in Salinas and came here for the night. It was nice to have them. They
said they had eaten but next thing Lynn came and asked if the little girls could have a peanut butter sandwich. They were fasting and wanted for the children. I would have thought they
needed more that that..How am I to know?
I got out the bedding for cou ch and the 2 older girls slept foot to foot here on this single
bed..the baby had her play pen bed in F rm. Nut no one to go to bed yet ..Reed was to come
after a Court of Honor I thought it was here at Stake Center but in Atwater and the; never did
make it altho he called at 9:30.
Ray and Carolyn came in for about an hour waiting at 8.
Soon about 11 after baths and all, it was quiet and all well.
(I J H-)
Sun. Jan. 5th After my bad nights and days I felt better at 6:30Am and decided to go
and drive with Lynn to Atwater to the mtgs at 8:30. Prior I said he could go with Brent. I just
felt too miserable to try and drive..and here it was Pouring! But I bathed and got Lynn a bit to
eat. I had a banana and cranberr;y when up at 5. The little girls needed some brft but Maria and
BRent fasting. So we were ready to leave about 20 of 9.
They followed us out there. With the storm it was like 5 past 9 when we parked. By the
time we got in they began singing their opening song..so we didn't miss a great deal.
The first hour people were coming in every 10 min or so...this was their new time from 1
PM.
Went to the 1st B of M. class. A good teacher but surely a Pacer" Brent had some
worthwhile comments in answr to some questions.
It is a beuatiful room and is the new Rel. Soc. rm since the dedication the 1st of fall.
So we got to stay right there instead of going clear down the hall and across to other
wing.
They mostly had the teachers introduce their new lessons for the year. I was by the door
where we were parked and Maria too. I asked if she had heard any;th;ing about gong to Red';s
for dinner..she had not. Then Brent came and I asked him and he said no..and I said I know they
will be having choir and he said th;ey already were seated.
So it was still raining hard and I got into the car..we had waited a good spell for Lynn and
there he was asleep in the car. So I started and Brent fell in out front and we headed back home..
When we where making the turn to go over to Olive Lynn boomed "Where are you going!" I
said home.. and he aid we are to go to Reed's!..I said How am I to know.. Brent didn't know
neither did Maria..I asked.. I said when did you find out? He said early this morn When I talked
with Etta.. I said Oh how was I to know you talked to Etta? I left you eating and went to dress.
Anyway. I went around here and there and found my way back to Winton and to their place. It
was almost 2 before we ate..Brent had wanted to get a way in good time So it was like 4:30 or
later when they did.
They got backed and I made some sandwiches and carrot sticks..cookies and put in some
root beer.
They got milk for the girls.
3 h ours later Lynn heard news that Grapevine closed..heavy fog and snow there and
slippery.. I said if they stopped at Joyce and Dave;'s they would have heard.. So about 1 5 of 9 Lynn called Bruce and of course they had not got there..he called then at 20 of 11 and they just
came in. That was about right for the kind of weather they had..just then came Ken & Bev in
from AZ ..then had not had storm. So Bruce said about 15 from their family coming..(if Brent
would be 20( he wanter to return if not working.
No comments:
Post a Comment