Life changes in an instant, it is a lesson that I learned a long time ago!! Life these days is kind of weird, I can be happy and then sad the next minute. I know I will get over it, it just takes time. I guess everyone thinks that their parents will last them forever, at least I thought they would last longer than they did. It is hard to think they are both gone!!! At times I feel so alone. Writing this is hard because I have a hard time sharing my feelings, I rather just keep them inside. The other day I went to call my brother and I automatically called my mom's house. It is sad to think that that number is disconnected, there is no one living at the house so we decided to disconnect the phone. My parents had the same phone number for 43 years!!!! I used to call my mom everyday during the last few months usually when I was at the car line waiting for Conner to get out of school so after she passed away I would reach for the phone to call and then remembered that I couldn't call!!
On Monday I went to have Vestibular Therapy for Meniere's. It is an exercise based program designed to promote central nervous system compensation for inner ear deficits. With Meniere's the brain can no longer rely on the vestibular organs for accurate information about equilibrium and motion which results in vertigo and dizziness and other symptoms. The good news is that I have learned to compensate on my own. The therapist did a series of tests which included eye-head coordination and other tests like standing on a foam with my eyes closed to check my balance. I passed every single test!! She said I was doing really well because I exercise. I already knew that.
4 comments:
You can always call me :) I'm sorry you're sad, I wish I could give you a hug! And I'm glad the tests went well!!
don't take this the wrong way, but you crack me up! that last bit about already knowing you're doing great because you exercise had me laughing.
i can totally picture doing the same things you're doing when i lose my parents... and feel free to share your feelings anytime! love ya!
I'm sorry. I would be the same way. My mom and I talk ALL THE TIME and (besides Nathan) she is the person that I call when I'm sad or upset or really happy. I think that no one really loves you in the same way that your parents do. You are lucky that you have daughters to develop that kind of relationship with. I look forward to having that with my girls someday.
I'm glad that your tests went well and hope you can keep taking such good care of yourself. You are awesome!
thank you for sharing maria. sorry for the loss of your parents and for what you are going through personally, both physically and emotionally. that is a lot to take on. you are an incredible, strong woman
Post a Comment