Because I was sick with headaches and dizziness and I wanted to read the Book of Mormon but could not concentrate, I decided or had a thought (all good thoughts come from God) that I would write notes as I read the Book of Mormon to help me remember some of what I was reading. Now looking at my notes I am so thankful that I was inspired by the Holy Ghost to do this. It took me years to finish reading it, some nights I was so sick with head pressure, brain fog and headache that all I could do was read one verse. It doesn't matter how long it takes you, what matters is that you are gaining a testimony of the Saviour and of the Book of Mormon. You are learning so much by reading it. You are learning to feel the promptings of the Spirit because when you read it the Holy Spirit is with you and he abides with you to guide you and teach you. As I write this, so much is going on in the world. The United States just killed a leader of Iran who was a terrorist and had killed many Americans and was planning to kill many Americans. There is also a huge fire raging in Australia and non stop earthquakes in Puerto Rico. The prophecies are being fulfilled.
I have seen how the Lord has guided my life when I am being obedient. I am not perfect and I fail everyday but as we try to do our best by doing the simple things, like praying and going to church the Lord will pour out his blessings upon us.
When I got to Chapter 10 in the Book of Moroni, I really loved what he says about the Holy Ghost and loved his testimony of the Book of Mormon. Moroni invites us to remember God's mercy and ponder it as we read the Book of Mormon. He invites us to ask if the Book of Mormon is true and if we ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, I know God will answer that the Book of Mormon is true. I have felt the Holy Ghost telling me that it is true. The Book of Mormon is true. We need to read it every day over and over again. It brings the Spirit into our lives, it will bring us closer to Jesus Christ, our testimony of the Saviour will grow and strengthen and we will be strong in the gospel and we will have peace during hard times and our faith will be unshaken. We need to be strong and true to the covenants we have made at baptism and at the temple and the only sure way to do this is with the help of our Lord. Pray to our Heavenly Father for help, that He will give you the strength to go on and not fall. Do the simple things of going to church, read the scriptures, pay your tithing, say your prayers, go to the temple and help your ancestors. My prayer is to be with my family forever. The Book of Mormon is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment