Tuesday, July 23, 2019

My cousin Rafael Sotomayor


My cousin Rafael Luis Sotomayor Quintana passed away on July 10th, 2019. He was the oldest grandchild of my grandparents, Luis Sotomayor Thillet and Eugenia Ramirez Irizarry. He was the oldest son of my uncle Rafael Sotomayor and Lydia Quintana. He would have turned 67 in August, so he was young. He had been very sick and was on life support. I visited him before our family trip to Utah on Sunday the 16th of June. I had felt that I needed to go visit him at the hospital. It was sad to see him. That day I had fallen asleep after church and when I woke up I made dinner. I called the hospital to find out it was the right hospital since it was an hour away in Melbourne. We got to the hospital at around 8:17 PM and the security guard was standing at the door. Brent let me get out of the car and he went to park. The guard asked me if I knew the visiting hours and I said no. He said it was until 8:00 PM. I told him I had called just before we left and no one told me the hours and that we just drove all the way from Orlando and it was raining so it was slower than usual. He said to call on the speaker to see if they would let me in, they did. We signed in and I saw that my cousin from Virginia, Wildin (Rafael's sister) had signed in earlier. When I got to the room she was there. She had flown from Virginia straight to the Melbourne airport just a couple of blocks from the hospital. She needed to get to Orlando to stay at her niece's house (Rafael's daughter) and didn't know how she was going to get there. I told we would take her. She said God sent me. I love how Heavenly Father prompts us to do things. I knew I had to go see him that day. 






My cousins Lili, Wildin and Esthercita. Lili and Wildin are Rafael's sisters

No comments: