Today my my aunt Ana Sotomayor (my mom's sister) turned 99 years old. She lives in Ponce, Puerto Rico. I called her and spoke with her yesterday. She is amazing. Her mind is so bright, she remembers things that happened when she was 4 years old and she loves to tell you all about it. She told me so many stories on the phone. She is very loving and sweet. She misses my mom very much. She was 21 when my mom was born. While I had her on the phone I thought to ask her about a family name, her grandma and my great grandma Genara Thillet. I always wondered where the name came from. We don't have any information about her father. She told me that Genara's father Mr. Thillet, was French. He left Genara in Puerto Rico to be raised by a family by the last name of Escudero, when her mother died and left Puerto Rico to live in France. My aunt doesn't remember him. That is too bad, I don't know if we will ever find his records. So this is cool, now I have French, Italian, Austrian and Spanish in my family. I think it is so wonderful to find out where they all came from!
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment