Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A letter I found

I read this in Sorella Baer's blog.  It mentions Alison and it is a cool story.




Also, this week-- we traveled ALL over the place. We spent a day in Verona, a day in Venezia, and a day in Bergamo! Oh, my goodness, Bergamo. As soon as we got off the train, I felt of the Baer legacy there. My dear big bro, Anziano Baer served in Bergamo and I was STOKED to finally do a blitz in an area where he had served! I was with Sorella Hanson, she's the smartest and greatest. She told me that we had an appointment with a less active that no one knew and that a member would be joining us. This member was just off his mission from London, and loved to go teach with the missionaries! As we met up with this member, I learned that his name is Mikhail Botta and that he's the bishop's son. I didn't think too much about it until I decided to take a shot in the dark. I said, ''Mikhail, do you know an Anziano Baer?'' His jaw drops. His eyebrows raised high. He then proceeded to tell me that Anziano Baer ate at his house often back when Mikhail was 14 or 15. He said that my dear bro was a great missionary! It was NUTS. I know that it wasn't by chance that he happened to come with us while I was on a blitz there, and that we met. I had a little taste of home, feeling the Baer legacy. Mercy, it was the world's best. It made me realize how grateful I am for the example of diligence my brother gave me. I couldn't be luckier to serve in the exact same mission as one of my heroes, and to be reminded of him, his goodness and his service OFTEN. I love it!

1 comment:

Brittany and Bronson said...

My friend who served in the same mission is good friends with Bro. Botta the guy that served in London who from me talking to Brittany( who served in the same mission as Ali) on fb found out I was her sister hahaha small world :)