 |
| Representing Puerto Rico |
Yesterday we had a Cultural Festival at our Stake. The Stake Center was packed with people. We all had a great time. Everyone was happy. It is so wonderful to come together, people from all over the world and have a good time, enjoy each others culture and traditions. It was a wonderful activity, with dances, food, displays and flag parade.
 |
| I was told a week before the festival that they wanted me to dress up and be one of the greeters. I panicked because I thought I had nothing to wear and no time to make something. I remembered that I have this white skirt that could work but I did not have a blouse. I went online and I could find nothing. After about 3 hours of searching I found this "vintage" blouse that looked like it could work so I bought it. I prayed that it would get here in time for the festival. I ordered it Friday and by Monday it came!!! It was OK but it needed a little something to make more like a Puertorrican blouse. I added the white trim around the top and that made it better. I had the blue sash from Ashley's wedding. I wore a necklace and a flower on my hair. That was perfect, the Puertorrican flag is those colors, red, white and blue so I was happy with how it all worked out. They are planning on doing it again next year so now I am ready with my outfit!! |
 |
| With my friend Tachi Ordinola from Mexico |
 |
| With Matty Steemstra from Panama. Her husband is from Holland. That was her wedding dress about 14 years ago. That dress is called a Pollera. |
 |
| This is Elizabeth Richards from our old Ward. She is Brittany's friend since Primary. We used to give her rides to church and back all the time. It was great to see her and her baby. |
 |
| With Johanna Lopez, the Stake RS president, she is from Venezuela. |
2 comments:
I love you outfit! You looked great! I'm jealous you got to se Lizz I miss you both :)
Your outfit is perfect! You look great and now you don't have to stress about what to wear next year!
Post a Comment