Monday, July 23, 2012

Dad's funeral

I was thinking about my memories of dad and I had a lot of them come to my mind but the one that stood out the most was Christmas 1994. Brent had been gone a lot, traveling for work and so I was home alone for long periods of time with the three girls. I really was having a hard time, I did not like being alone and that Brent had to travel so much.  To this day I dislike it so much when he has to leave on his trip every month and I think it has to do with the fact that he traveled so much before.  Anyway, one night I was home alone putting the girls to bed (I had all three girls at this time) when there was a knock on the door.  When I opened it, dad who was the Bishop and the youth of his ward were standing there.  They had gone caroling and dad thought it would be good to come to my house even though I was not in his ward (I lived very close to mom and dad's house). I think he was inspired because it really made me happy to see them there, Brad, Nathan and Matthew were there, they were right in front of the group. 

Grandma had a great idea, that the grandkids color and write messages on dad's casket. Here is Conner and his cousins writing on the casket.

Parker

Ashley's message

Brittany's message

Alison's message

Parker's message

Conner's message

The kids at the viewing

James and Ronan at the viewing

At the cemetery a few of the cousins sitting on a bench

Lexi's cool picture on the casket

Picture of the cousins at the luncheon

No comments: