Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sisters In White

Yesterday we had our Stake Relief Society's Sisters in White.  I got to the temple at 6:30 a.m. and stayed there until 3:00 p.m.  I had a wonderful day at the temple.  The week prior I got an e-mail from Matthew, the young man helping me with my genealogy, he told me to check the new family search site because he had had much success with my dad's mother's side of the family. I could not believe how much he had done.  I now had over 60 more names.  The Stake RS president asked me to help with the sisters doing the baptisms.  She would help them out the font and give them a towel and I would be in the bathroom to help them with anything they needed.  A couple of times I opened the door to the font to check on the baptisms and I could hear my family's name as they were saying them during the baptism.  It was awesome to know that they were getting baptized.  All of my female baptisms were done!! I asked if they were doing male baptisms and brother Taylor said that he would make sure my names would get done and they did also!!!!  All of my family names were baptized yesterday.  Even though I was busy greeting and helping the sisters I was able to do 16 initiatories for my family, it was such a wonderful feeling. On one occasion I felt the spirit so strong I started to cry.  It was an awesome day.  I still have a lot of work to do though.  But at least for now the baptisms are all done, which to me it is the hardest to get done.

No comments: