Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Festival of the Nativity

We had a wonderful time at the Festival of the Nativity this year. Brent and I were asked to be hosts and I really enjoyed it. A lady came in and she told me that she was just driving by and saw the big sign in front of the chapel about the Festival. She went out to get her friend who was in the car and then came back and I took her to the missionaries. She then wanted to know about the Orlando Temple which is in front of the chapel. She wanted to know if it was the same church. I went and got Brother Hertzog who does the tours of the temple grounds and he spoke with her and gave her a card about the temple tours. It was just awesome to see her ask those questions and it was just because she felt impressed to come in and see what was going on! Her friend was not as excited, I think he kind of felt out of place, he had long hair and tattoos. After they went in the cultural hall to see the nativities, she wanted to go in the chapel to enjoy the program but he went in and stepped right out and wanted to leave. I felt bad for him.
















No comments: