Thursday, July 15, 2010

LDS.org - Ensign Article - Forgiveness

LDS.org - Ensign Article - Forgiveness

I came across this talk on LDS.org by President Hinckley and it explains exactly what I have been thinking about lately. The older I get the more peace I want in my life. We are not perfect, no one is. I like the scripture in John that says, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her". We all make mistakes but the atonement give us hope, it truly is the supreme act of forgiveness. The Lord then in D&C 58:42 said, "He who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I , the Lord, remember them no more". To me that is wonderful, reassuring, He will remember them no more. We MUST do the same, forgive and forget. We are asked to forgive everyone, but do we forget what has been done? I love what President Hinckley says "Somehow forgiveness with love and tolerance, accomplishes miracles that can happen in no other way". How wonderful our families and the world would be if everyone felt this way. We would all get along, we would have stronger families and stronger communities. But it doesn't happen because we are all humans and we are not perfect, but hopefully we are all doing our best in our families to have peace, forgiveness and love for one another.

1 comment:

the Rogers' Neighborhood said...

I love reading what the prophets have to say about forgiveness. It's so reassuring, like you said, and it gives such great hope. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father is so loving and perfect.