Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good and Bad news

I went to the doctor's today and the bad news is I was diagnosed with Meniere's disease, but the good news is I haven't suffered any hearing loss. Meniere's is a disorder of the inner ear. I have had 3 bad attacks in about a month and half but thankfully did not suffer ear damage. Excess fluid in the inner ear can cause so much trouble. Now I have to continue on my not so wonderful diet of low sodium, which I don't like because now I can't use Adobo and my food doesn't have much taste. I have to take a diuretic to help with the excess fluid and an antihistamine which helps with the swelling and helps me go to sleep at night since I am constantly hearing a ringing in my ear. We hope that once the fluid is back to normal all the symptoms (vertigo, dizzyness, humming/ringing in the ear and muffled hearing) will get better. The doctor said there is a possibility of hearing loss on my left ear but for now it looks good.

5 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

our prayers are with you Maria!

Brittany and Bronson said...

We are praying for you too mom, everything is going to be okay. I love you!

the Rogers' Neighborhood said...

We're praying for you too, Mom. And your name is on the prayer in the temple. Love you!

Sara said...

We hope things start getting better now that you have medicine we also will keep you in our prayers we love and miss you.

Evaly said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile so I didn't know you weren't feeling well. I hope things improve quickly! That would be so hard so little salt. I'm not a big salt eater, but 1 t. is nothing! Thanks for letting us know, we will be praying for you too. Hope everyone else is doing well. My kids would DIE for a swingset like that- how fun!