Friday, April 10, 2020

Finding my long lost cousins

On Sunday April 5, 2020 I spoke with my cousin Aida Gonzalez for the first time since I was 13 year old. Here is my post on facebook on April 8, 2020

I am so happy and I want to share it. For many years I have been thinking about what had happened to and where my 4 cousins, the daughters of my uncle Dimas González were. Last week I got a hint from my uncle Dimas's obituary in Ancestry where they mentioned the names of my 4 cousins with their married last name. They grew up in Florida and I only saw one of them when we were on vacation in Florida and I was 13 or so. I never saw her again and I had forgotten their names. As a “detective” I started searching and found one on Facebook. I messaged her and on Sunday we spoke on the phone for the first time. I found out that she lives two hours from my house !! She sent me many wonderful photos !!! I already contacted all 4 of my cousins by email!! Two of my cousins live near me !!! I am happy but sad at the same time because I have been here in Orlando for 23 years and I did not know it, but grateful because I found them!!!
I can’t wait to meet them in person!!!
These are some pictures they gave me.




Tio Dimas, titi Magdalena (I never met her), daughters Aida, Patricia, Gladys and Linda.

No comments: