Friday, February 28, 2020

My great-grandmother Josefa Quiñones


I wanted a picture of my great-grandma Josefa Quiñones when she was younger. My cousin Annette Ramirez was going through a box of pictures at her mom's house and found this picture. She knew that I had Quiñones on my tree and to her surprise it was my great-grandma. The box was her 2nd great-grandmother's box, Maria Ignacia Gonzalez Lopez de Victoria. Maria Ignacia was my great-grandfather's sister, his name was Jose Gonzalez Lopez de Victoria. Jose was Josefa Quiñones husband. Annette and I assume that since Josefa and Maria Ignacia were sisters in law then is logical that Josefa may have given her the picture. This picture has gone through four generations to get to me!! Maria Ignacia gave it to her daughter Isabel Gonzalez Gonzalez, Isabel gave it to Jorge Diaz Gonzalez and Jorge gave it to his daughter Aurora Diaz Fernandez. Aurora Diaz Fernandez is Annette Ramirez Diaz' mother. Annette loves genealogy so she was going through the box when she found the picture. I am so thankful for the wonderful blessing to be able to see this picture of my great-grandmother!! She is my dad's grandmother. I have received so many wonderful blessings from doing my family history. I feel that even though Josefa didn't know that I would someday see this picture, my Heavenly Father knew the day she gave Maria Ignacia the picture and this picture has been preserved through 4 generations until it would get to me. Annette is now going to mail it to me!!! 






This picture was given to me a few years ago and it was the only picture I had of her. I always wanted a picture of my great-grandma Josefa.

No comments: