Friday, February 5, 2016

God answers our prayers!

I have always believed that God answers my prayers.  I learned that He does answers prayers when I was very young. Somedays the way He answers prayers is so miraculous it amazes me. I have been so sick these past couple of weeks with my Menieres flare up. The medication I had been on the past few months was working great except that I was very sleepy during the day, even though I took it at night. It was a time release pill so it stayed in my system all day. I was afraid of asking the doctor for another medication but because it was becoming dangerous when I drove Conner in the afternoon to and from his activities because I was so sleepy, I had to ask the doctor for something else. The first medication he prescribed made me sick. I had terrible joint pain, headaches, and felt horrible. The second medicine made me forgetful and I almost burned down my kitchen. I never forget anything!! I put the meat on the pan to cook and completely forgot until the kitchen and family room was covered in smoke. Now my kitchen cabinets just stink, even a few days later. That medicine was terrible it made me feel anxious too. I was not myself, one night I had a mild anxiety attack. I had to call the doctor again and he switched the medication to another one but this one had a side effect I did not like, it could cause glaucoma and because I am a glaucoma suspect I have to be careful. I called my ophthalmologist and they said I should not take it. I called my doctor again and now I am taking another medication. I started taking it last night. Let's hope it works.

About a couple of weeks before I got sick I got a call from the temple saying that they had some of my family file names at the front desk and asked if I wanted them to mail them to me or keep them for me there until I went the next time. I said to keep them because I was hoping to go soon. Well, I got sick and haven't been able to go. I have been feeling so bad and thinking they were probably going to mail them.  I could not remember what names they were. Today at lunch as I said my prayer, I prayed that Heavenly Father would bless me with health because I have work to do. After my prayer my phone rang and it was brother Mason Herzog a counselor in the Orlando mission presidency. His son Matthew helps me with my geneology.  He said they were pretty much done with their family's genealogy and he wants to help me with mine and he wanted to know if I had any names at the temple for initiatories that needed to be done. I told him that I got a call from the temple and he asked me if they were male because he wanted to do them. I told him I did not know and he told me to call the temple and find out.  I thought the names at the temple were female names but I called anyway. I called the temple and to my surprise there were 26 male names that the initiatories needed to be done!! I had completely forgotten that a while back the youth had taken names for baptisms and the male names were not done at that time, they must have been done recently and were now ready for initiatories. Brother Herzog must have been inspired to call me and he was the answer to my prayer that even though I have been sick my work still can get done by him! He told me I have many friends meaning "missionaries" that go to the temple and can help me with your names! 

No comments: