Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pictures from our friends in Santa Fe


Hermano y Hermana Chiapello are awesome. They own a small bakery in Santa Fe and they love the missionaries. The way we became friends is an interesting one. I was on facebook a few months ago and I noticed that sister Chiapello was friends with another mom who had a son serving in the Rosario mission. I made the bold move to ask sister Chiapello to be my friend without knowing what a blessing this friendship would be for me. It was shortly after Parker was transferred to Parana. Sister Chiapello messaged me and wondered who I was. We started talking and I said that Parker was serving in Parana and had just been transferred. Sister Chiapello lives in Santa Fe which is about 30 minutes and over the bridge from Parana. We started talking and I found out she is from Chiclayo, Peru (part of Brent's Trujillo mission). She was so excited to know that Brent served there. She was so nice and gracious and offered to take Parker a Birthday cake, and in April they made the trip by bus to Parana to deliver Parker's birthday cake. I was so happy!! Parker was transferred to the Rosario mission office to be trained and then he was transferred to the Santa Fe mission office. The office is in the Stake Center building, of the Chiapello's Stake. I was talking to Sister Chiapello the other day and she told me that her husband had seen Parker at the church and had found out the times that he was working at the office so that they could go and visit him and bring him a treat. These pictures are of when they visited him at the office. They are so incredibly nice!!



I asked brother Chiapello to give Parker a hug and here he is giving him my hug!


I found out that on Monday they went to lunch to the Chiapello's. Sister Chiapello sent me these pictures.





No comments: