Thursday, August 20, 2015

Aunt Lippy's funeral

My aunt Lydia Quintana, is married to my uncle (my mom's brother) Rafael Sotomayor. She was born December 21, 1923 in Puerto Rico and died in Kendall, Florida in their home on August 11, 2015. When I was a child we used to visit their home in Guaynabo. I always enjoyed having lunch at her house. She made what I thought was the best bocadillos (grilled cheese and ham sandwiches). She always asked me if I wanted lunch and I would ask for a bocadillo and orange juice. She was very kind and loving and very patient. She had been very sick, a few years ago she had a stroke while in Puerto Rico and from then on her health declined. She could not travel back to Florida until she was good enough to go on the plane.  They own a house in Guaynabo and a house in Kendall.

These flowers were sent by my aunt Sandra and she wasn't able to travel to Kissimmee from Miami and asked me to send her a picture of her flowers so she could see them.



My cousin Alberto (Kiki) Sotomayor
My cousins Kiki , Esther Sotomayor and their mom, my aunt Rosael (my uncle Victor Sotomayor's wife, my mom's brother)
 My cousins carrying the casket











 Brent and Conner throwing dirt in the grave

My aunt and uncle's great-grandkids


My cousins. Left to right, Tony Vargas (my cousin Lily Sotomayor's son), Rafael Sotomayor, Elaine Lopez (my cousin Wildin Sotomayor's daughter), Lydia Esther Sotomayor, Me, Carmen Fortier and Kiki Sotomayor



My cousins,Left to right, back row, Lydia Sotomayor (Lily), Iliana Fortier, Lydia Esther Sotomayor, front row, Me, Wildin Sotomayor, Carmen Fortier, Kiki Sotomayor


With my uncle Rafael




With my uncle Rafael Sotomayor
My uncle and his grandchildren

No comments: