Saturday, February 28, 2015

February:Surgery, Piano Federation and Valentine's Day

On February 4th I had surgery to remove uterine polyps. It all started out because I was having really bad periods and horrible headaches and it was also affecting my Menieres. I ended up in the ER one time because my headache was so bad nothing would stop it for three days straight and I had had enough. I called my ear and balance doctor trying to figure out why my ear was acting up and he agreed with me that it could be hormonal and that was causing me to retain fluid in my ear and making my Meniere's symptoms worse and he thought it would be good to see my gynecologist. I also went to see my primary doctor who referred me to a neurologist. The neurologist prescribed a medication which helped with the headache (thank goodness) but he suggested I went to my gynecologist also. I have great doctors that know how important it is to listen to their patients. I went to my gynecologist and she ordered a whole bunch of blood tests and an ultrasound of my uterus. The ultrasound revealed that I had polyps. My doctor told me that everything else in my tests looked good but the polyps needed to be taken out and sent to the lab to make sure they were benign. I had my surgery and had to wait two weeks for the result. I have to say I was a little scared, I was hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. My mom had breast cancer and leukemia so I know I have a chance of getting cancer so I need to be prepared. I take good care of myself, I exercise and eat super healthy, since I can not have too much salt, I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and every year I have my pap and a mammogram. I was happy when the doctor told me everything turned out great and the polyps were benign. She said that polyps in the long run could turn cancerous. I am so thankful they found them now, had it not been for these headaches or for good doctors who knows what would have happened.

Getting blood work done a couple of days before my surgery and they put this wristband on that I had to have on until after the surgery

Ready to go
After I got the news that everything went great and the polyps were benign. I was happy!


Piano Federation February 14,2015: Every year in February Conner participates in piano Federation. He did great.



We made cookies for Piano group play on February 13, where all the piano students come together and play piano pieces for each other. They also play fun games.


Valentine's Day 2015


Brent gave me these beautiful flowers
Then on Valentine's we went out to dinner.



I just love talking to him. Here we were talking about life and the future and I just had to take his picture because I love looking at him. I love him!

My sweet Valentine. Conner is growing up and getting taller. He is so sweet and so good. He is very obedient, I am blessed.




No comments: