I love making these Facebook connections. It is so fun to be in the missionary momma's group. We love our missionaries and are so proud of them. We love sharing stories and pictures of our missionaries. We give each other encouragement and pray for each other when things are not going well. It is an amazing group to be a part of.
Sunday, August 3, 2014
Facebook connections
In Parker's last e-mail he mentioned how the other missionaries were getting 3 letters a day and that he wanted more written letters and he was feeling a little lonely. I am a member of a facebook page called missionary momma's, and there are over 5,000 missionary moms in that page. Because of it I have met other moms whose sons and daughters are serving in Argentina and some even went in the MTC the same day as Parker. I posted in the page that my son had entered the MTC on July 16th and about his e-mail home. One mom, Sister Burke, made the comment that her son had gone in the MTC the same day and that he was going to Resistencia, Argentina. I saw her last name and I remembered that Parker had mentioned an Elder with the same last name on his e-mail. Before entering the MTC Parker never learned to swallow pills, he refused. The day before he entered the MTC he was sick with a cold, his ears were hurting and had a sore throat. He went to the clinic at the MTC and was given medication,Elder Burke who is an EMT helped him learn how to swallow the pills, something he would not do for me. I told Sister Burke what happened on a private facebook message and asked her if that was her son. It turned that Elder Burke is her son and Parker and him are in the same MTC district. That day Sister Burke was sending her son a box in the MTC and she wanted to send Parker something. So she sent him this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment