Monday, April 21, 2014

Ft. Lauderdale temple open house

On Saturday we were able to go to the Ft. Lauderdale temple open house.  Prior to the tour we got to watch a movie about the church history in Florida.  I was unaware that the Ft. Lauderdale Stake was formed in 1970, the same year that the first 8 Spanish speaking missionaries went to Puerto Rico from the Southern States mission and in 1971 the Florida South mission was formed and then in 1974 the Florida, Ft. Lauderdale mission was formed just 3 months after we were baptized.  I remember on one of our vacations to Florida my dad stopped to visit the Ft. Lauderdale mission home and they gave us tour of the home.  I was about 9 years old it was 1975. 

Waiting outside to enter the temple

Our group. With us were my friend Natty, her kids Valeria and Brian, My uncle Carlos and aunt Sandra

Conner, Brian and Valeria


Natty and I











No comments: