I am so happy!!!! Today for the first time Conner has been in his room for over an hour playing with his Legos!!! He has never done that!! From the time he was born he would scream non stop until someone held him. He would never nap. I would put him in bed and he would scream for hours!! I am talking 3 to 4 hours screaming while I sat there and tried to calm him down. He would do the same at night and also throw up all over the crib!! Which was really hard because eating was an issue and I did not want him to throw up the food that I worked so hard to feed him!! He just did not know how to calm down and soothe himself to sleep. He also did not know how to play with toys alone. He would cry and just want me with him all the time. It was so hard for him and for me because nothing would get done. When he started walking he would follow me everywhere and was not interested in toys. He would play for a few minutes and then was done. He was constantly bored. Even now he tells me how bored he is all the time, he just can't find something to do that he likes. What has worked for him is that he likes to draw and write stories and he would do that for hours. He also loves video games and could play them for hours which I don't like. I always try to encourage him to play with all the toys he has and also has inherited from Parker. He has a ton of Legos but has never been able to play alone with them. He always tells me he doesn't know how to play alone, which is true and it makes me sad. So seeing him today playing non stop for so long has made me so happy!! Something that is so easy for other kids has not been for him. Today he is learning something new, how to play alone!! He never had that as a kid, because he refused to do it so now he is learning things that he did not learn when he was a baby. Another thing we are working is for him to feed himself and to like food. He never liked food so he never went through the stage of picking up food and eating it, we tried but he would not. So we are going back and teaching him how to do it. This is a very slow process but it sure is awesome when I see these improvements!!!!



1 comment:
Yay!!! I am so glad he is improving :)
Post a Comment