Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Our Family Mission Plan

In her email today Alison told us to have a mission plan. " Probably you have heard this a lot from the other missionaries, but I would like to tell you. In consiglio the last time we heard a lot about making a family mission plan. I would like to ask you guys if you have one? If not make one!! We had a Seventy here at our Stake Conference and he talked about his.  In his he said, he wanted his family to give out one book of Mormon every month.  Have the missionaries over for Family Home Evening with his investigator or a friend. They wanted to go out with the missionaries each week.  They wanted to talk to a certain number of people about the gospel. But if you have one already perfect. If not would you be so kind as to make one. It would be very useful for the missionaries. If you have not made one you can even ask the missionaries to help you guys. I know you are busy, but it would be awesome.  I love you all and we have been helping members here make them and they have been giving us so many referrals.  Las Sunday we had a member come with a list of names written for us to contact." We always have the Elders and Sister missionaries for dinner once a month each.  They also told us to have a family mission plan. We love missionary work and we know how important it is for members and missionaries to work together.  Brent knows first hand because he was a missionary and I know because I am a convert. It was because of my aunt and uncle who were awesome member missionaries and because of the Elders who taught us that my family joined the church. 

Our family mission plan:

We are not the kind of people to push the gospel down everyone's throat but we do love talking about the church.  Every time we get the chance we talk about it.  So our plan has been to share the gospel as often as we can.  We have been working with my friend Natty for quite sometime now. We don't push it but we invite her to activities. She loves coming to the activities.  The other day she said that her and her husband were talking to their kids, Valeria and Bryan about what they want to be when they grow up, and Bryan said he wanted to be a missionary!!!! I think we have exposed them to the missionaries a lot hahaha, with Alison being on her mission and also our friend Johanna's son is on a mission.  We have invited them to family home evenings at both Johanna's and our home.  We have shared messages with them. Natty has been Brent's secretary since May and so he shares the gospel with her too. We try to be a good example.

Another way that we are trying to share the gospel is with social media.  I try to post quotes on Facebook all the time. I also post Alison's blog link every week when we get an email.  The other day I went to the temple and posted a picture of the temple on Facebook.  A friend who I have shared the gospel before at the YMCA saw it and liked it. She lives right across the street from the temple and next to Stake Center. The day after I posted the picture, she woke up early and took a picture of the temple steeple all lighted up. It was beautiful and she posted something like "I woke up early. The beautiful Mormon temple"!  I loved that she isn't even a member but was drawn to the beauty and brightness of the temple. 

Another way that I share the gospel is by doing my temple work for my ancestors. I am so busy, I have over 165 names to do!!!  All the baptisms and initiatories have been done for them now I need to do the endowments for all of them!!! I like to think that with all those baptisms done, there is a Ward in heaven full of my family members!!!  My parents are really busy sharing the gospel up there, I just know it!!

Another way that we share the gospel is by getting Parker ready for his mission.  Parker has been going out with the Elders.  Conner also plans on going on his mission.  We have family home evenings, we go to church, and we do all we can to teach them so that they will be ready. I heard someone say once that we should treat our children like they are investigators, and it makes sense. They are learning the gospel, we are teaching them with our lessons and our examples just like we do investigators.

I am also working with the sister missionaries to help me with an inactive sister that I visit teach. 

A family mission plan does not need to be overwhelming.  I think that we do missionary work everyday and we don't even know it.

No comments: