Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I had an accident


I had a little accident on Sunday.  I was taking a shower, getting ready for church when my razor fell and broke. I stepped out of the shower for a second to get a new razor and when I was opening the shower door I slipped on the tiled floor and fell on my right hip. As I was falling I was holding the metal door handle and then let go of it.  As I fell I tried to grab on to something, it all was so fast that without thinking I grabbed the glass door and it just sliced my finger.  The force made the door slam on my hand too and that is when I saw the cut and the blood. I grabbed a towel and went to get Brent who had to help me get dressed and then took me to emergency room.  The doctor and the nurse were so nice and made me laugh.  He gave me a shot on my finger to numb it and that was extremely painful.  I forgot to ask how many stitches he gave me but we counted 7.  Yesterday the pain was really bad, my whole hand was hurting and pounding.  Today I am doing much better, but it is still painful and the tip of my finger feels on pins and needles.  They told me that if it doesn't get better by tomorrow I need to go back and have it checked.







2 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

Oh, this looks dreadful!!! I'm so sorry! Is your finger healing up okay? I sure hope so! (I left you a personal message on FB, just letting you know so you could check it.) Thanks!! - Bekcy

Evaly said...

Wow, those pics are pretty graphic!! Ouch! I got 7 stitches in my thumb about 12 years ago and it's still a little numb in that area. It always hurts when it's cold too. So weird! Hope yours heals well.