Conner has been going to therapy for a while now and I can see some improvement. He is starting to try some new foods and if he doesn't like them that is fine with me because he at least has tried it. The therapist has a schedule for him. On this particular day (in the picture), he was to try 3 grains of rice and 2 spinach leaves. He eats the spinach leaves really good!! But the rice is another story. He has never wanted to try rice but I am happy that he at least tried it. He will only eat hamburger meat, no ketchup or buns with it, but it is his favorite meat. He also loves tostitos. He wont eat pasta, breads or rice so I give him tostitos. He has recently started therapy to help him with his social skills. Every Thursday we go to therapy for an hour, one hour for food therapy and also to help him with his motor skills, his hands are weak, he has a hard time tying his shoes and then another hour for social therapy. On Mondays he is taking tennis lessons to help his hands and legs get strong. He walks kind of funny and turns his legs inward when he runs, which is typical of kids with Aspergers.

2 comments:
I am so glad he is doing well!!!
That's awesome! I'm sure you will be amazed by his progress as time goes on.
Post a Comment