Thursday, January 12, 2012

Parker

Back in October I had been feeling that I needed to have Parker's moles that he has on his head checked out. He has had them since he was little and we have been taking him to a dermatologist once a year. He would just say that they looked fine and just to keep an eye on them. That is what we did. But recently I just did not like the color (eventhough it had not changed) for some reason. The week before we went to Utah for Christmas I took him to my new dermatologist for a second opinion. I showed her the mole on the side of his head, the one I was concerned about and the other mole that he had on the top of his head. She actually took a biopsy of the second mole. I came home the other day and there was a message that I should call and make an appointment to review the results. Well, I called right away and I asked to speak to somebody who could tell me the results. She said that they came back abnormal, pre-cancerous cells and we need to talk about the options, and that if we didn't do anything it could turn to cancer. I told Parker and he took the news just fine, I told him that he would be alright that we just need to take them out. We have an appointment next week.

3 comments:

the Rogers' Neighborhood said...

Keep us updated! Hopefully removing them will solve the problem.

Sara said...

Wow that is good you had the feeling to have them checked. Mother's intuition.

Becky Shuler said...

Good for you for getting a second opinion! Hope they are able to remove them and the problem disappers.