Thursday, August 4, 2011

I know something good about you!!!!






Wouldn't this old world be better,

If the folks we meet would say--

"I know something good about you!"

And treat us just that way?



Wouldn't it be fine and dandy

If each handclasp fond and true,

Carried with it this assurance-

"I know something good about you!"



Wouldn't life be lots more happy

If the good that's in us all

Were the only thing about us

That folks bothered to recall?


Wouldn't life be lots more happy

If we praise the good we see?

For there's such a lot of goodness

In the worst of you and me!



Wouldn't it be nice to practice

That fine way of thinking too?

You know something good about me,

And I know something good about you.




Author Unknown




I was cleaning my church bag the other day, and found this cute handout I got a long time ago. I love poems and this one is awesome.

2 comments:

the Rogers' Neighborhood said...

That is awesome! Love it :)

Becky Shuler said...

Well, I know something good about you! You enabled me and my husband to attend the temple sealing of our dear friends by opening your home and finding a babysitter for us! Thanks for your generosity and kindness! We are grateful to be friends with you!