Monday, July 18, 2011

No-pastry pear and almond tart

I was watching a cooking show today and the host was showing how to make this really easy tart. I like easy, I don't like to cook complicated stuff. Here is the recipe;

Step 1
mix
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup flour
4 oz of ground almonds
one lemon zest only (don't go to far to the bitter white part)

Step 2
In a separate bowl whisk 5 egg whites for 30 seconds until just frothy
Add the whisked egg whites and 12 Tablespoons of warm melted butter to the dry mixture
Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tart tin.

Step 3
Two ripe pears, cored and quartered and then cut into long slices
2 Tablespoons of flaked almonds

Arrange the pieces of pear on top of the mixture they will sink a little. Sprinkle the almonds on top.

Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and then lower to 350 and cook for another 10 minutes. The filling should feel firm to the touch in the center when cooked through. Remove from the oven and let sit in the tin for a few minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack. To serve place on a plate and dust with powder sugar.

I can't wait to try it!

1 comment:

the Rogers' Neighborhood said...

Yum!! That sounds really good!