Sunday, February 6, 2011

New calling, again!!!

We got a call yesterday from the second counselor in the Ward that he wanted to meet with Brent and I. I thought surely is a new calling for Brent because three weeks ago I got called to teach Primary. I was shocked when he said it was for me. I am now the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. This is completely out of my comfort zone. This will sure be a learning experience for me, I have never served in RS other than Compassionate service leader for two years and Enrichment board for a few months. I have a lot to learn. I am excited to meet and get to know all the sisters in the Ward. Because I have been in Primary for soooo long I don't know a lot of the sisters.

2 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

Maria, I am also the 2nd Counselor in Relief Society! Welcome to the club!!!!!!! :) You will be great! :)

Becky Shuler said...

I know you'll do a great job!! I had been in primary for 5 years and then was called to teach RS and be the compassionate service leader. I am really enjoying these callings. You will stretch and learn and grow and make some new friends too! :)