Monday, January 10, 2011

Now WHAT!!!

On Thursday I had my physical exam (which I do every 6 months). I thought everything was fine until my doctor said, while listening to my heart, "I hear an extra heartbeat". GREAT, now I have an extra heartbeat. So I had an EKG done in his office and everything looked great! But he still wanted to do more tests. So on Saturday at the hospital I had an Echocardiogram, which uses ultrasound, it was pretty cool to see my heart on the monitor. I won't know the results for about a week. He also wanted me to have a Holter monitor for 24 hours so I went and got that done today. I feel like a Christmas tree with all this stuff on, but I think it will be good to have it checked not just for the extra heartbeat, he also is looking at my very low blood pressure (80/60 on Thursday) and how it might have something to do with being dizzy. Lucky for me I get all this stuff taken off first thing in the morning. I am so sick and tired of going to the doctor's office. I am so glad I decided to start exercising 19 years ago because I bet that is why I feel strong and able to fight all the weird stuff I have.

3 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

Maria...I have been through the same thing! I've had an irregular heartbeat forever it seems...I remember noticing it for the first time when I was about 19. I finally had my heart checked (echo) and wore a holter for 24 hrs and then wore another monitor for 2 WEEKS last year. It was not fun, but ultimately my DR told me I could take medication to help regulate it, but that it wasn't life threatening...or I could choose not to take the meds if it didn't bother me too much. So, I opted not to take any meds...and I still have it every now and then, but I feel reassured knowing that they didn't find anything wrong with my heart (structurally) and that according to my doc, it's not life threatening...just bothersome! So...we'll pray for ya and hope for the best! XOXO

Evaly said...

Hope they figure it out! Seems like you are a medical mystery :) We'll keep you in our prayers.

Becky Shuler said...

I hope everything is okay. We'll keep you in our prayers. By the way, I LOVE your new family picture! You look GORGEOUS!! What a beautiful family you have. :)