Friday, December 11, 2009

Quote for today

I have always had a terrible memory. It seems to be worse now that I am older. I have read the Book of Mormon many times and I have a hard time remembering many of the stories in it. Brent's memory is amazing to me, how he can remember so much I don't know. I am not dumb, I did great in school, because I studied hard. It wasn't easy for me but I worked hard. Because I was feeling discouraged I decided to write down a sumary of what I was reading about that day from the Scriptures and my feelings about it and it is helping me remember a little better. It is taking me a long time to get through the Book of Mormon this way but that is fine with me. I read this quote from Wilford Woodruff and it made me feel better, because it isn't required of me to know everything at once.

"Do not be discouraged because you cannot learn all at once, learn one thing at a time, learn it well, and treasure it up, then learn another truth and treasure that up, and in a few years you will have a great store of useful knowledge which will not only be a great blessing to yourselves and your children, but to your fellow men". Wilford Woodruff.

2 comments:

the Rogers' Neighborhood said...

Ooh I like that quote!

Esthercita said...

WOW I LIKE THAT QUOTE AND DON'T FEEL DISCOURAGED, THAT HAPPENS TO ME SOMETIME HAHAHA, AND SOMETIMES WHEN I READ THE BOOK OF MORMON AGAIN THERE'S THINK I COULDN'T READ IT BEFORE, NO WONDER THE PROPHET SAID TO READ OVER AND OVER AND OVER.