
My visiting teaching companion gave me this "yummy" Christmas gift. I think it is really cute, the card reads, your' getting "muffin" for Christmas.

I heard a sister in our Ward say that she was "not a professional mormon". She did not say it in a bad way, she just meant that because she wasn't born in Utah she did not do the stuff that Utah ladies do. For example in my case it would be quilting and canning. I don't do those things because we don't do them in Puerto Rico, why would you need a quilt when it is 90 degrees all year long, and as I noticed when I went back a week ago, 2 lbs. of strawberries are $12.00 (I pay about $6) no wonder they don't eat them very often. The first time I remember eating a strawberry I was almost 10 years old, and it was on our trip to the Washington D.C. temple, to get sealed. The family that we stayed with had strawberries growing in their yard and I thought that was the neatest thing ever. I have loved strawberries ever since. I thought it would be fun to learn how to make strawberry preserves. It wasn't too bad, I think it turned out really good. I don't own a canner so I still have yet to learn how to do the canning thing. Remember I am not a professional mormon.
I heard a sister in our Ward say that she was "not a professional mormon". She did not say it in a bad way, she just meant that because she wasn't born in Utah she did not do the stuff that Utah ladies do. For example in my case it would be quilting and canning. I don't do those things because we don't do them in Puerto Rico, why would you need a quilt when it is 90 degrees all year long, and as I noticed when I went back a week ago, 2 lbs. of strawberries are $12.00 (I pay about $6) no wonder they don't eat them very often. The first time I remember eating a strawberry I was almost 10 years old, and it was on our trip to the Washington D.C. temple, to get sealed. The family that we stayed with had strawberries growing in their yard and I thought that was the neatest thing ever. I have loved strawberries ever since. I thought it would be fun to learn how to make strawberry preserves. It wasn't too bad, I think it turned out really good. I don't own a canner so I still have yet to learn how to do the canning thing. Remember I am not a professional mormon.
2 comments:
Parker looks awesome! and I never knew that story about the strawberries, that's really neat! Love the pictures, the jam is really cute, and keep updating because we'll be so much further away soon! :(
I love that muffin gift idea! The pics from Puerto Rico look amazing and it looks like you had a great time. Tell Conner and Parker congratulations from us for the piano recital and bee. They are both getting so big! We miss you and thanks for the wonderful presents- hope you had a good Christmas!
Post a Comment