Tuesday, May 12, 2009

out of the mouths of babes

About a week ago Conner and I were in the car and as we always do we were listening to the Primary songs when all of a sudden he asked me, "How do we follow Jesus in faith? I answered his question and we went on with our day. Last night I went to bed after midnight, Alison is in a play at school and she got a ride home so I waited up making sure she made it home safely. This morning Alison woke me up at 6:20 am to tell me that her ride to seminary did not come to pick her up. I couldn't take her to seminary because Brent is in Miami and Brittany spent the night at her friends house. So at 7:10 am after I woke Parker and Conner up I took her to school. I got home at 7:40 or so and Conner had not eaten his breakfast. We had to rush out the door so that Parker could get to the bus stop on time, when we got to the bus stop we realized he forgot his lunch. We drove home but when we got back the bus was leaving, so he missed it. I had to go home and get ready since I was still in my pjs and Conner had to eat and get ready for school. We managed to get ready in 20 min. and rush Parker to school (which is 20 min. away). After that I took Conner to school but by this time I was upset, it seemed everything had gone wrong (I also did not sleep good and that makes me grumpy). As I was driving Conner to school he said to me " Mom, you are not following him in faith". I asked him why and he said "because you are mad". Thanks Conner for keeping me in the straight and narrow path.

No comments: