Thursday, May 29, 2025

Puerto Rico - 37th wedding anniversary trip

On the plane to Puerto Rico for our anniversary



I had to eat a pan de mallorca

We visited my uncle Ninin who is 98 years old and has a very good memory. He said he wants to make it to 100 years old.


We went to the temple to do my titi Ana's endowment.






We stayed at Caribe Hilton and went to the private beach. The water was so warm and nice.

Went shopping at Treasures in Old San Juan


I ate at Anita's gelato in Old San Juan

Touring La Fortaleza - The Governor's mansion























Walking around Old San Juan




























We visited Ponce for a few minutes before heading to Mayaguez and Cabo Rojo.

Ponce's cathedral is always fun to take a picture of.

The fountain next to the cathedral

The firehouse at the Ponce plaza behind the cathedral


Pretty door outside the mayor's office 


Ponce Mayor's offices





We went to Mayaguez to visit my aunt Aida and my cousin Guillermo and his wife Mariela. From left to right: my cousin Guillermo, my brother Jose, Saby my sister in law, Mariela, Brent and I, aunt Aida and my cousin Vicente.



We drove a few minutes to Cabo Rojo to visit our second cousin once removed Rafael del Toro. Rafael or Rafy was 6 years old when my great-grandmother Vicenta Irizarry died and her procession passed right in front of Rafy's house, the house we were at visiting him. He lives in the house he grew up in.


My brother, Rafy, Vicente and I.


We visited our second cousin Ken Ramirez in Cabo Rojo, a short distance from Rafy's house. Ken lives in el Cerro Guaniquilla just up the street from my great grandma Vicenta's house and were my grandmother was born. Anibal Ramirez, Ken's dad is my mom's first cousin. ken's grandfather Julio Agapito Ramirez Irizarry is my grandmother Eugenia Ramirez Irizarry's brother. The lot where my great grandma Vicenta's house was is still there. my grandma's brother Heriberto's house is still in the lot but it is falling apart because no one takes care of it. Apparently Heriiberto's daughters have the documentation for the house but they live in San Juan. It is a shame because the lot sits in a beautiful hill. In el Cerro Guaniquilla of Cabo Rojo I have a lot of second and third cousins. Rafy knows all of them. Ken told me that there are also a couple of my mom's frist cousins (Ken's dad's frist cousins too) that I don't know that live there. I met Luz Urban my mom's cousin last time I visited Ken.








No comments: