On Sunday March 3rd Conner, his companion and the two other missionaries that live in his apartment went to dinner at my friend Dioni Morales Rodriguez' house. I am so glad he was able to go to her house. Conner said he felt at home and was happy to be there.
On Saturday March 9th I had a missed call and it was from brother Verduzco in Conner's ward. He said in his message that Conner was at his house for dinner. Brother Verduzco had gone out with Conner and his companion to teach a lesson and because they didn't have a dinner appointment he invited them over. He told us thank you for our son, for serving a mission and asked me to return his call. I saw the message 15 minutes after the call. I call him right back and he was funny talking about how Conner doesn't like to eat many things lol so I told him he liked hamburgers and brother Verduzco said that is what Conner said haha. It was a nice call and I heard Conner in the background. Again, Heavenly Father helping me to feel less anxious. I slept good that night.
On Sunday March 10th there was a baptism in Conner's zone and Conner and his companion went to it. It was for the Spanish branch in Borego Springs. My friend Carmen Quirindongo and her husband Jody Garcia, who is the branch president were there. They were happy to finally meet Conner. Carmen and I grew up in Ponce and were in the same ward. Her husband Jody served his mission in Puerto Rico and served in Ponce. I still remember him when he served in Ponce many years ago. He told Conner that he remembers going to dinner at my house when I was 12 years old.
I am so grateful for these experiences where God it teaching me to trust in Him and have faith that Conner will be fine and that God is taking care of him.

No comments:
Post a Comment