Wednesday, February 14, 2024

God answers our prayers

When Conner was transferred to Indio last Saturday, February 3rd, I was very stressed and worried that he was going to be riding a bike. I was already feeling better about him driving in Victorville and happy that he was getting a lot of driving experience when he was transferred.  On Sunday night I was extremely worried for him being near cars especially after finding out that prior to Conner being there, his companion Elder Allen had been hit by a car and dislocated his shoulder. Thank goodness Elder Aleen was protected and he was ok other than the shoulder.  I was desperately crying and praying that God would help me not be so anxious and that God would keep him safe. I didn't want to feel this way the whole time he was serving in Indio. While praying a thought came to my mind that I should read Conner's patriarchal blessing. I had been sleeping in Conner's room because we are redoing the master bath and it is very dusty. Conner's patriarchal blessing was conveniently in the drawer on the nightstand nest to me. I picked it up and read it. It is a beautiful blessing and talks about his mission and other wonderful things. I felt better and was able to fall asleep. I now read his patriarchal blessing often to help me stay calm.  I am so thankful that my prayer was answered. Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants to bless and help us we just need to go to Him in prayer and be obedient to His commandments.

No comments: