Thursday, April 27, 2017

Missionary Monday

I love missionary emails. I receive a few every Monday. A few weeks ago one of the missionaries shared her testimony of the Book of Mormon.

Here is Sister Whitney Brady's beautiful testimony:
So I really feel like I need to make something absolutely clear. And that is that the Book of Mormon IS Another testament of Jesus Christ. I will stand as a witness until the day I die that this book is of god. Oh my heart seriously breaks when people reject this message. The message of the Book of Mormon! A message of Love. Healing. Help. Hope. The power of Christ to counter all troubles in all times--including the end of times. That is the safe harbor God wants for us in personal or public days of despair. That is the message with which the Book of Mormon begins, and that is the message with which it ends, calling all to “come unto Christ, and be perfected in him.

Elder Holland of the quorum of the 12 apostles stated:
For 179 years this book has been examined and attacked, denied and deconstructed, targeted and torn apart like perhaps no other book in modern religious history--perhaps like no other book in any religious history. And still it stands. Failed theories about its origins have been born and parroted and have died--from Ethan Smith to Solomon Spaulding to deranged paranoid to cunning genius. None of these frankly pathetic answers for this book has ever withstood examination because there is no other answer than the one Joseph gave as its young unlearned translator. In this I stand with my own great-grandfather, who said simply enough, “No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so.”

I have the blessing and privilege to be out here every day, sun up, to sun down, testifying of the power of this book. But it's not just me. I'm with an army of 70,946 missionaries, who are representing our lord and savior Jesus Christ, and sharing the exact same message if he were here today. This book changes lives. I see it everyday. 

I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world … that the Book of Mormon is true.

Please don't make my same mistake. I look back before I left on my mission and realized I was hardly reading the Book of Mormon. Shame on me. I'm being completely honest. It was a real struggle for me. But I've repented and improved. Don't make that mistake. And if you have, it's okay, change, and start fresh. Member or non-member, open up the book and start reading. Allow yourself to feel the power and divinity behind the words. And I promise you, as a representative of Jesus Christ you will feel a greater peace come into your life than you ever have before. 

I love you. Your Heavenly Father loves you. Your savior Jesus Christ loves you. And that love will be evident and you read from the Book of Mormon. 

No comments: