I love this Christmas miracle that Alison shared with us. I had printed some pictures at Walgreens of a picture of the Sacred Grove that I took last summer, I had used that picture in a spiritual thought I gave at presidency meeting. While I was sitting at home a couple of weeks ago the thought came to me that I should send the two pictures I had left to Alison and that maybe there would be someone she could give them to. She told us that she had two investigators that she would love to give them to! I love miracles!
December 18th, 2013
I want to begin by telling you a miracle that happened this morning. Two weeks ago we were doing finding work (well we do at least a couple hours of finding work everyday, but this day was all day) and ran into a Filipino woman and who we thought was her daughter (turns out it was her cousin). The lady who we thought was the mom said that she is married to a mormon and he is in the Philippines. I think my companion and I just about died to hear those words. She kept on calling us sisters. Like okay sisters, see you later sisters. It was really cute. Well we had the privilege to see her this morning for the first time. She told us that 3 years ago she married this mormon and that her kids recently were baptized mormon, that her sister in law is the relief society president in the Philippines and her brother in law is the bishop. And she told us that everyone had been telling her to go to the church to find peace, etc. And then we randomly meet her on the street. Her cousin was like it was so sudden. We laughed and she told us that now she was ready to know about the church. We talked about the restoration and invited her to be baptized and she accepted and said she knew it was true already and she could feel the spirit with us today. So in about a month she will be baptized!! My companion and I have been having a hard time finding people and at least I was starting to be really discouraged and then at my point of weakness God brought us a miracle. A miracle that I cannot express how excited I am for her. You should have seen how happy she was.
January 1st, 2014
Thank you for the kind thought of the photos.(We sent a couple of pictures of the Sacred Grove that we visited this past summer and asked her if she knew someone that would like them and benefit from having them) I already have in mind the two people I will give them to.
So we actually have three baptism dates. Along with the Filipino lady, her cousin is getting baptized the same day (I will give them the photos). These are the sweetest and most pure of heart people I have ever seen. I love them. They came to church on Sunday and the member who went to one of the lessons with us started introducing them to the members and bringing members to meet them. It was awesome. The other day they kept on telling us about when we are baptized, when we are baptized. The one that is married to the Mormon and her kids are Mormon said she told her family and they we just so excited. That they started reading the scriptures together. This Sunday all of our baptism were in church. The other baptism is of a member's sister. She will be baptized the 8th of febbraio. Her sister brought her to church and told us we had to start teaching her. We have seen her every week for the past three weeks and this last week she has accepted a date. :) I am so excited for all them. It is just so awesome. In the last week our area has started to pick up and I cannot wait to see what it will continue to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment