Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Feeling overwhelmed but hopeful
We purchased some videos on line by the Asperger experts. These are two young men in their early 20s that have Apergers and they know what it is like because they have lived through it. It is wonderful to see how they think, to get inside their minds. I have often looked at Conner and think, I wish I could get inside your mind to know what you are thinking. It is overwhelming to watch the videos and to try to absorb everything they are saying but at the same time it is wonderful because they are completely describing Conner. I am learning the things that I need to do to help him. It is not easy though. It takes a lot of learning, patience, and a change of how I think things should be done. I pray that I can help him. He is such a wonderful child. It is scary to think that he will be a teenager in a few years, and those are hard years anyways so I can't imagine for a child with Aspergers what it is like. My Heavenly Father sent Conner to us and I feel humbled that He feels that I can teach him and care for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment