Thursday, December 13, 2012

Someone broke into my house!!!

On Tuesday December 11th I came home after Zumba and got ready for a lunch with my friends. I am normally home for lunch but this time I was gone from 12 to 2:40 PM.  I picked up Parker from school and we got home at around 2:40.  I went in the kitchen and started looking at my email on my phone. Parker went across the street to his friend's house.  After a few minutes I went to my room and found that the door was locked.  I went to the other door that goes to my room through the office and found that it was also locked!!  I was puzzled, I thought maybe Conner had locked them before leaving for school in the morning! He never does that but that was the only explanation I could come up with.  Never once did it occurred to me that someone could have broken into my house.  I saw that the light was on through the door. I went to the kitchen to get the key.  I opened the office door and saw stuff thrown on the floor, still I was wondering what was going on, it did not go through my mind that someone had been there.  I could hear the pool fountain and thought that was strange, I did not move from the spot I was in, I looked down the hall into my room and saw the shutters were wide open and the door had been smashed and there was glass all over the carpet.  That is when I realized someone had broken into my bedroom.  I panicked and ran as fast as I could outside.  I still had my cell phone in my hand so I quickly called 911.  I went across the street to get Parker.  My neighbor, Frank, was out and brought us chairs to sit and water.  My other neighbor Eve also came over.  The missionaries called Parker to see if he could go out with them that afternoon and he told them what happened.  In 10 minutes the missionaries were at our house. They offered to pick Conner up from school.  Parker went with the missionaries to pick him up.  They were my angels that day. The policeman came and made a report.  The Elders helped me clean all the glass off of the floor. The Ocasio family came over and also helped me clean.  All my drawers in my bedroom and my closet had been searched. They took all of my jewelry, camera, video camera, I pad speakers, cash, Brent's electric shaver, a Wii that was supposed to be a Christmas present for the boys, Alison's laptop and other stuff.  I was so worried about my mom's jewelry but somehow they did not even touch the shelf that they were in, I could not believe it!! They looked everywhere in my closet but not the box with my mom's gold jewelry!!  I am so glad because I love wearing her jewelry and I have her wedding ring and my grandma's wedding ring, I would have been very upset had I lost those!!  I feel bad because in the jewelry they took I had a necklace that used to be Grandma Hanson's.  It was not an expensive necklace or anything fancy but I loved wearing it.  She gave it to me for my birthday a long time ago and it used to be one of her necklaces that she used to wear.  They also took a gold necklace with a diamond heart that  my mom gave to me a few years ago, 2 pearl necklaces that James had given me, a few necklaces that Ashley had given me, one of them from Hawaii that I loved, and another that I loved that Brittany had given me.  They took my bracelet that had my kid's names, I love that bracelet.  We think that they were still here when we got home because they did not mess up Brent's closet.  It looked like they had started but did not even get to open the drawers. Thank goodness!! They would have taken his silver coins!! Brent took them to the bank today!!!  They took some cash we had in his closet and an old DVD player.  They took one of my pillow cases and stuffed all the stuff in it.
The policeman called me about an hour after he left and told me the same thing happened to another house near me but in another neighborhood and at around the same time. They used the same style of breaking in through the master bedroom door and locked the doors and used the pillow case.


I am very upset about this.  I don't feel safe anymore, it is so frustrating to think that someone went through all my drawers, it was a mess in my closet.  I can't believe that it happened in the middle of the day!! But I feel blessed that nothing happened to me or Parker. Unfortunately Brent was in Miami and could not be home, sister Ocasio spent the night with me so I would not be alone.


1 comment:

the Rogers' Neighborhood said...

This makes me so mad!!! I'm just glad none of you were home.