Thursday, November 22, 2012

Feeling Thankful/Blessed

In one of Alison's letters she tells us about what she has learned so far on her mission.  This is what she said;

1. To go the extra mile even when you know you have not had success, to continue to try and eventually it will all work out despite how you feel.
2. To have patience beyond description.  She wants to teach and so many people reject her message and she wishes they would know it is the true gospel. Also, being patient with her companion.  She realizes we all have flaws and that she needs to let things slide and not let them bother her or the mission will not be a fun experience for her.
3. To love the people of Italy despite how they treat her and what they say because people can be rude.  She said a woman who was walking with her dog was making fun of her and her companion.  Alison said it was funny because she was talking bad about them to her dog, haha. Alison thought to herself, "yes the dog understands you" and laughed it off.
4. To pray every second of the day, in her mind or out loud. 
5. Just to be happy.  People are more willing to talk to her when she is happy.
6. Everything takes time.  She wants things to happen "now" but it doesn't always happen that way.

I loved this letter.  I am so thankful that she is able to go on a mission and that she is learning so much!  It is a big blessing for us at home too.  I have been told by my friend who her son just got back from his mission that we will receive so many blessings at home too.  I can see that now.  Our home is so much peaceful now.  Parker has enjoyed going out with the Elders, they call him all the time and he loves it.  The other day he was playing video games after school at his friend's house across the street when came running through the door.  The Elders had called him and he was going out with them and only had 15 minutes to get ready.  I told him that because he was helping them that Alison would be blessed too.  I feel that when we help the Elders here at home by feeding them and by Parker going out with them that Alison will be blessed for our efforts and that she will also be fed, helped and be taken care off just like we are helping the Elders at home.  

I am so thankful for my life, my family, the gospel and absolutely everything, the good and bad experiences, the happy and sad things of life.  Last night I was feeling a bit lonely, having both of my parents gone is very hard! But then I thought about how much temple work my friends and I have done for my ancestors and I felt better because I know that my parents are working hard on the other side and helping me.  This had not happened before, it was right after my mom passed away that all this work got started.  I can see both of them now together working hard to unite our family.  I know that it is this way because I feel it deep in my heart.  My family has been extremely blessed.  My children are all doing great.  I so proud of them all!

No comments: