Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Sunday
I had an amazing experience this weekend and last week. I want to write it down so I don't forget. I had known for a while that I would be teaching Relief Society in the Spanish Ward in my Stake for their Ward Conference. I asked their Ward Relief Society President that if there was anything that she wanted me to teach and also told her that I all ready had a lesson prepared that I had taught in another Spanish Branch Conference. She said that it was fine so I was glad that I did not have to prepare another lesson. But everyday this past week when I woke up in the morning I would wake up with a new idea that I had to share with the sisters of that Ward. I also was asked earlier this week to speak at another Spanish Branch RS birthday celebration. Everyday the thoughts kept coming for both the talk and the lesson. As part of my lesson I was going to share a pioneer story from the Hanson family just like I had done in the Branch lesson a couple of months ago. But when I woke up Sunday morning it was clear that I was not to share that story but instead I was to share my story. I was in tears on the way to church I felt the spirit so strong that someone needed to hear that everything is going to be fine in spite of our adversities, that she could learn from my experience that after being a widow and everything that I had gone through that it will all be OK. I gave my lesson and at the end shared my story, I could barely speak and told them how Heavenly Father had blessed me with a wonderful husband and that we now had 5 kids. I told them that going through it made me a stronger person and all of our trials and circumstances whether good or bad are for our progress. After the lesson a few sisters came and hugged me, the RS president said there was not a dry eye in the room. One of those sisters that hugged me could not stop crying and another one said she was also a widow. But the last sister told me that recently her husband had abandoned her and that on Saturday she had no self esteem but now Sunday after hearing me she felt uplifted, she felt better and that things would be fine. I was crying on the way home. I knew that the Lord loved her and He was thinking about her. My lesson was for her!! That is why I had to tell my story. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us and our suffering and trials, I am humbled to have been able to help her. Like I told the sisters we are Heavenly Father's daughters and he loves us and knows us each and everyone of us! He wants us to be happy and to return to Him again. I am amazed at how eventhough it was the same lesson, it was completely different in each of the two Relief Societies. Heavenly Father knows what we need and each lesson was taught especifically for the sisters there!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment