Now in this thing we do rejoice; and we labor diligently to engraven these words upon the plates, hoping that our beloved bretheren and our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy......
President Kimball said: "On a number of occasions I have encouraged the saints to keep personal journals and family records. I renew that admonition. We may think there is little interest or importance in what we personally say or do-but it is remarkable how many of our families, as we pass on down the line, are interested in all we do and all that we say. We hope you will begin as of this date. If you have not already commenced this important duty in your lives, get a good notebook, a good book that will last through time and into eternity for the angels to look upon. Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your trimphs, your impressions and your testimonies. We hope you will do this for our brothers and sisters, for this is what the Lord has commanded, and those who keep a journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives."
I have never been very faithful at keeping a journal, but I have been very good at blogging. I love my blog. At the end of the year I turn it into a book. It is exciting to think that someday my grandchildren and great grandchildren will be reading it.
1 comment:
LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I love blogging too and I also turn my blog into a book at the end of each year. I hope my children and grandchildren cherish it one day! :)
Post a Comment