Saturday, October 8, 2011

Learning to crochet and a fun birthday party

Our Relief Society is making quilts, lap blankets and baby hats for hospitals in the area. We started having meetings on Wednesdays where we can get together and work on those projects or just simply come and learn to crochet, knit or do other projects that we are personally working on. We want the sisters to just get together and get to know each other. I wanted to learn to crochet. The Relief Society President sister Janet Lallatin tried her best to teach me, haha. I understood "most" of it but when I got home I couldn't do it. So, I went on youtube and watch this guy that was actually pretty good at teaching it simple enough for me to understand.

This is my very first crochet baby blanket!!





I liked it so much that I HAD to make another one!! I have always wanted to learn to crochet. I am so excited that I can do this. Now I am ready to start another one.








My wonderful friends, Lucy and Yaremi have there birthdays this month. So I had a little party/luncheon at my house for them.







Yaremi Olvera and her mom. Yaremi is from Aguas Buenas, Puerto Rico. It is funny that we were talking and we found out that Yaremi was about 7 years old when my brother served in her Ward as a missionary (he served in Puerto Rico). Obviously she doesn't remember him but my brother remembers her dad because he was the bishop at the time and her dad remembers my brother.



Lucy Anglero. Lucy is from San German, Puerto Rico. She knew my parents and my uncle and aunt back a long time ago when I was little. It is so fun to be together in the same Ward with these two wonderful ladies.







Shawna Heninger made this awesome and delicious cake.





2 comments:

Esthercita said...

Chica que bellas te quedaron esas blankets, ya yo me puse a buscar en donde dijistes a ver si me pongo yo tambien en orbita y desarrolar mis talentos que los tengo dormido, TQM

Evaly said...

Wow- those blankets are so beautiful! I'm so impressed with your talents.